Donate Us

Help us keep this free site alive with a small contribution from you. Select an amount below.

Friday, November 9, 2018

From a Twitter thread by Elisheva Avital:


Today is the 80th anniversary of #Kristallnacht. 
A personal story: 
My grandfather fought in WWII. He never spoke about it, so we didn't know much about his time in the service, but based on the patches on his uniform, we think he did something in intel.
The next part takes place two years ago.
He died, and I'm cleaning out his house with my mom and sister.
We find a photo album.
When I open it, I feel like it might burn a hole in my hands.
The first few pages have pictures of Jewish homes being ransacked; people are in robes and pajamas. Several are bleeding.
Here, some jolly Nazis stealing Jewish holy books, later to be burned.
Now we move on to the stores:
The next section is like a gut-punch. They enter a synagogue, overturn everything. You can see prayer shawls strewn everywhere.
Then they get to the holy ark, and pry it open to steal the silver and burn the Torah. At this point I feel tears welling up in my eyes.
Then they pour accelerant, and set the whole thing ablaze. I had never before seen pictures of a shul on fire from the inside.
At this point, I take out some of the pictures and turn them over. This is what I find: November 10, 1938. Nuremburg. 
A shiver goes through me. When I google the names, I find they were Nazi photojournalists.
These are behind-the-scenes pics of happy Nazis on a rampage, presumably on Kristallnacht. 
What they were doing was COMPLETELY LEGAL.
You tell us "never again."
I'm not so sure.
#Kristallnacht #kristallnacht80
For those who have asked, I forgot to add: we have NO idea how he came to own these



We have lots of ideas, but we need more resources to be even more effective. Please donate today to help get the message out and to help defend Israel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

EoZTV Podcast

Powered by Blogger.

follow me

search eoz

Recent posts from other blogs

subscribe via email

comments

Contact

translate

E-Book

source materials

reference sites

multimedia

source materials for Jewish learning

great places to give money

media watch

humor

.

Source materials

Sample Text

EoZ's Most Popular Posts Ever

follow me

Followers


pages

Random Posts

Pages - Menu

Elder of Ziyon - حـكـيـم صـهـيـون

Donate!

Tweets

Compliments

Monthly subscription:
Subscription options

One time donation:

Interesting Blogs

Categories

Best posts of 2016

Blog Archive

compliments

Algemeiner: "Fiercely intelligent and erudite"

Omri: "Elder is one of the best established and most respected members of the jblogosphere..."
Atheist Jew:"Elder of Ziyon probably had the greatest impression on me..."
Soccer Dad: "He undertakes the important task of making sure that his readers learn from history."
AbbaGav: "A truly exceptional blog..."
Judeopundit: "[A] venerable blog-pioneer and beloved patriarchal figure...his blog is indispensable."
Oleh Musings: "The most comprehensive Zionist blog I have seen."
Carl in Jerusalem: "...probably the most under-recognized blog in the JBlogsphere as far as I am concerned."
Aussie Dave: "King of the auto-translation."
The Israel Situation:The Elder manages to write so many great, investigative posts that I am often looking to him for important news on the PalArab (his term for Palestinian Arab) side of things."
Tikun Olam: "Either you are carelessly ignorant or a willful liar and distorter of the truth. Either way, it makes you one mean SOB."
Mondoweiss commenter: "For virulent pro-Zionism (and plain straightforward lies of course) there is nothing much to beat it."
Didi Remez: "Leading wingnut"